Fields of Research
Solid State Physics, Crystallography, Biomedical Materials, X-Ray Diffraction, High Tc Super-conductors, Nano-materials, Scanning electron microscopy, Energy Materials
- Preparation of Si3N4 based technical ceramics (1997-2000), financed by Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission.
- Development of Industrial and Engineering Ceramics, (1998-2001), financed by University Grants Commission, Islamabad.
- Plasma Processing of Materials and Phase Changes using dense Plasma Focus, (2000), Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission in collaboration with Prof. G. Murtaza.
- Development of Brighteners (Organic Compounds) for Metal Electroplating. Co-Investigator, HEC approved project, 2004.
- Establishment of Experimental facilities for fabrication and characterization of functional nano-ceramics at Centre for Solid State Physics, University of the Punjab, Lahore, worth 38.533 m, has been awarded to me as Project Director by HEC (2008-11).
- Synthesis and Characterization of Novel Bio-Ceramics for Orthopedic Applications, NRPU, HEC, PROJECT worth Rs. 4.44 million as Principal Investigator (2014-2016) at IRCBM, COMSATS IIT Lahore.
- Preparation of Biomaterials from Natural Resources,IRCBM funded (2012-2015)
- Hydroxyapatite/polymer scaffolds, IRCBM funded (2011-2016).
- Preparation and Characterization of Biomaterials by Electro Spinning Technique, IRCBM funded (2011-2016).
- Preparation of Biomaterials from Natural Marine Resources, IRCBM funded (2012-2016).
- Deposition of bioceramic coatings onMetallic Substrates Using Dip Coating Electrophoretic and Blasting Techniques for the Application in Biomedical Implants, COMSATS funded 0.2million.
- Nano-ceramic composites for Biological Applications, IRCBM funded (2015-2017)
- Hydrothermal Coatings on Mg alloys containing Ca as an alloying element, Co P.I., CIIT funded, 0.2 million.